The long-awaited South Waterfront Greenway is open! The opening celebration took place under beautiful skies, hosted by Portland Parks & Rec and South Waterfront Community Relations.
The event opened with Native Drumming and a Blessing of the Land, followed by words of *restoring, planning & completion* from our Mayor Charlie Hales.
Learn about the Greenway at Past/Present/Future Tents:
- Past – Learn about the original history of the site from members of the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde and historic industrial uses
- Present – From pristine native lands to industrial waste discover how this site became a model for restoration and revitalization
- Future – How we can work to protect what has been reclaimed
- Oregon Ballet Theatre: 11:15 am - 11:45 am
- z'Bumba: 12:15 pm - 2:00 pm
- Art Installation Discussion with Buster Simpson: 1:00 pm