Grimm Episode 7 "Let Down Your Hair"
This Grimm take on Rapunzel involves: "
First of all, I just finished the show and there is a hiker guy still locked in the brothers' basement!?! Right? Did I miss this closure? Loose ends.....
As I mentioned, Alberta Street plays a key role in this episode. However, the main character is The Forest (supposedly around Mt Hood), shown in the opening crime scene, and in follow-on scenes involving expansive fly-over aerial shots and detectives on 4-wheelers racing through the trails. It is also the location where we discover Holly the teenage Blutbad living in her treehouse.
- The Forest opening scene and throughout - actual location, Forest Park?
- Police station interior - same ol'
- "Multnomah County Medical Examiner" building - title is accurate, but not the actual building. I only saw one shot of the building.
- Oregon Ducks roofrack on Nick's Jeep - did you catch it?
- Extreme Christmas at Monroe's & big news: Santa is a Grimm?!
- Alberta Street Public House - the guys chat in a booth
|photo from gotime.com|
- Hair of the Dog - doggie wash and groom, 1211 NE Alberta (although the detectives described it as "a doggie wash in Beaverton")
- Holly's Mom's House, #3237, green house, red door, white picket fence
- Nondescript basement location in the brothers' house (where the hiker is still locked up!)
- James Addison (the bad guy neighbor's) house, red, wood door
- Reader tip: the latter part of this episode shows one of the day hiking state parks near Tillamook Forest believed to be Charles Sprague Memorial Wayside.
Of all the episodes so far, I have to admit that this one was the hardest to follow. Maybe I was paying too much attention to the scenery and local sites, but I was left a bit confused. (Wait, why did Holly strangle that drug-grower? does she have a super-braid in her Blutbad form? did she decide to live in a treehouse after the attempted kidnapping? what were those guys talking about in Alberta St Pub? and of course... isn't there a hiker still locked in the basement awaiting torture?!)
As always, if you have any tips on filming locations, shoot me a message!
My previous Grimm locations posts:
You can view this and previous episodes online: http://www.nbc.com/grimm/